Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Krevborna: The Cookbook

It's been exactly a month since Krevborna: A Gothic Blood Opera was published. I can honestly say that I did not anticipate how successful it would be; it sold more copies at a faster rate than any other role-playing book I've written, it became a "Copper Best Seller" and then a "Silver Best Seller" in short order on DriveThru, it's been well-rated, and people have said awfully kind things about it. I am very pleased by the reception, especially that people keep noting the information design that went into making the book easy to use--I spent a lot of time thinking about the format of the book and how to convey a campaign setting with only the useful, interesting bits facing forward.

Of course, I'm not adverse to even more success. More success means more art budget for the next thing I write; I don't have a Patreon or do Kickstarters, so this is just good ol' fashion hobby publishing at work. Tell your friends about the book if you think they'd like it! Post a review on rpg.net or reddit or some g+ community I never go to! (But also let me know you posted a review so I can read it.) 


As a way of saying "Thank you" to everyone who bought the book, I'm offering a free pdf of a chapter that didn't make it into the final book: The Krevborna Cookbook. In this pdf are five honest-to-god-you-can-make-these-yourself recipes for you to enjoy with your gaming group. Playing rpgs is a social occasion, so celebrate that with good friends and good food. Each of the recipes in the pdf is themed around one of the major locations in Krevborna--even though this pdf is purely for fun, I think it does give a little more ahem flavor ahem to the setting's most notorious locales.

Of course, if you haven't taken a look at Krevborna: A Gothic Blood Opera you can pick it up here in print and pdf.